Sunday, January 22, 2012

Back to Work....Kinda :)

After way too long of a Christmas break, we are back to work (you wouldn't think that from the pictures). Our first location? Florida!! :) We really got lucky on that one. It was a stressful week because we just started with a new company. I am learning to sell and Todd is learning a new presentation. We tried to enjoy ourselves as much as we could though. It's nice having Todd to lean on at all times. I love him soo stinken much. 


 For some reason we have really bad luck with having good weather in Florida. Last time when we were in Miami it was incredibly windy and raining. Last time we were in Orlando it poured rain on as at Disney World. And today, well the sun was constantly behind a huge cloud. Needless to say, we didn't stay long. We got all prepped up, drove an hour, bought towels/sunglasses/sunscreen, but we didn't bother paying attention to the fact that it really wasn't even that warm outside. Oh well I can't complain because it's snowing in Utah!!

 We found this life size chess game at the hotel we stayed at in Orlando. Neither of us really knew how to play but I fell in love with how cool it was.


Todd and I have one massive bond: we both LOVE food. We usually don't branch out much, but during my first trip to Orlando my sister Kristina forced me to a cuban restaurant called Cuba Libre. Oh. My. Gosh. Most amazing food ever. They have mango butter that is so good we literally lick it off the knife. My favorite are the maduros, fried plantains dipped in sugar. The picture is of the main dish we love. Its called Lechon Asado. Mmmmmmmm!!!! Shredded pork marinaded in an orange mojo sauce, with smashed yucca and black bean broth...I know it sounds odd, but its amazing. If I can ever learn to cook, this will be in my recipe book for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment