Saturday, December 31, 2011

NEW YEARS EVE--Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.

It’s New Year’s Eve and my guess is that you’re reading a bunch of posts on how to make resolutions that will ‘really work’ or copying resolution lists made by those around you. . Don't feel bad. So am I!!! I’ve spent too much time making lists that never get looked at again until the end of the year when I end up rolling on the floor laughing at some ludicrous idea that popped into my head at 11:59pm on Dec. 31st. None the less, I have once again set a resolution and it is no less ludicrous than all other years.

No processed sugar for a year. Yep, you heard it right. No candy. No desserts. Wish me luck!!  In regards to new years resolutions, I read today that 22% fail after one week, 40% after one month, 50% after three months, 60% after six months, and 81% after twenty-four months. Yikes.

My family had a blast on New Years. Its so great when all of us can get together. Below is pretty much everything that happened!!


We usually spend New Years Eve with THE Leavitt Sister Cookie Cook off, and then the annual Trivial Pursuit game. This year was a little different. Kristina, as always, took too much vacation time this year so she had to leave the day after Christmas. And Derek went to New York to work for a few weeks. So trivial pursuit had to be postponed until next year. Luckily we found a box of coins my mom had been saving from the laundry for the past few years and we started a family poker game. Todd & I got out first, what the heck??!!!


 Soy and Jadey had fun whacking the pinata right before midnight. It was hard to keep soy focused on it, all he wanted to do was climb up that ladder. And Jaden was so focused that it was hard to let anyone else have a turn. :)


 Right at midnight we had a toast and all shared our new year kiss!! My family is crazy so beware of the  pictures below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment