Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Big YES!

 
 


 A year ago  &  Today
                     
                                        


Today started out like any other day. Todd and I were sitting on the couch bored debating what we should go do for the day. Gym, Café Rio, Golf? Those were the usual things we did. After no decision could be made, Todd popped up from the couch and said he had a good idea. When he came back he was holding one of his shirts in his hand…ummmmm ok I thought. He came over to me and tied the shirt around my head so I couldn’t see, and said lets go.

We drove around for a while. I did my best to use my senses to figure out where we were, but Todd took too many detours trying to throw me off. I didn’t have a clue. 

Finally it came time to get out. With the blind fold still on, Todd came around and led me out of the car. First, he didn’t warn me about the sidewalk and I stubbed my tow on it. Ouch!! Hey warn me next time would ya?? And only 30 seconds later he led me off the sidewalk where I jammed my knee because he again didn’t warn me. A little nervous maybe??!

Still totally clueless where we were, we finally got inside of a building. Todd talked to some people and then led me outside again and put me on a cart type vehicle. Once it started I could tell, yes we are on a golf course. Cool. He took me to an awesome golf course as a surprise!!

I sat patiently waiting for us to stop. We went up hills, down hills, around sharp turns, and finally he turned it off. Todd asked me to wait there for a couple minutes and then he came back again and began to lead me off into some grass.

We walked about 20 feet and then he stopped me. Ok hold on a minute he said. Ok take the shirt off your head. We were at the Thanksgiving Point gardens, in front of the massive waterfall. Todd had set up a blanket with food from our favorite restaurant. We were having a picnic. Sweet! Kailee will you marry me? Wait what?!!! Yes!!! This just became the best picnic ever.  

 Minutes later a little boy came down to us and asked if we had just gotten engaged. After saying yes, he gave us 13 cents and then ran away. I think we are off to a good start :)



No comments:

Post a Comment